Ok, due to an extremely odd failure on Amazons part, I will place my review here and try again next week to post this review. (failure image below really made me laugh)
So I managed to receive a pair of the Spirit X wireless earbuds right before I left on a planned business trip where I spent 4 days in hot and pretty humid weather. I can say that so far these are sweat proof as advertised (believe me, I really put that feature to work). I did not get into any days that had much rain, but did see a small shower midweek.
Initial un-boxing of these was surprising, the shipping box was about 10 times too big for the product and weighed next to nothing. The package was clean and organized, while also wrapped in cellophane to protect almost anything mother nature threw at it. The earbuds were inside a convenient carry case with a handy belt clip. Under that was a was a product manual, as well as an assortment of clips, replacement buds and usb charging cable. I was expecting to wait around 1.5 hours like listed in the manual for first charge, but within 15 minutes the red charging light turned blue and was ready to go. Bluetooth mating with 3 different devices (G4, iPhone and PC dongle) was effortless and smooth.
- Music was clean, volume controls and connectivity were very solid.
- Surprisingly there was more bass than I expected from a smaller system.
- Phone calls were very clear, even to the point where background noise was caught by the other party.
- Charged very close to 1.5 hours advertised on a simple computer USB port.
- Auto-Shutoff if not paired after a few minutes.
- Distance away from phone and still worked close to 30+ feet.
- While I could find good fitting earbuds, I could not hold the earpiece in place quite right, being able to rotate that earpiece a little or having a little more control over the earloops might have helped this issue.
- My battery really only lasted me around 10 hours on average. (This is still nothing to sneeze at, but it came in a little short on listed battery time)
I really was pleasantly surprised by how well these worked, even after all the sweat and water. The price point really does seem to be worth it, with the constructing feeling a little less “plastic” than a beats equivalent I used to own. I will be putting them to use much more over the coming months and will try and keep up to date on any major changes. Again, just another great product from Anker.