A few weeks ago, I got a pair of Soundcore Life Q20 headphones, and after charging them out of the box, they worked perfectly for a few hours. I tried turning them on the next morning and they wouldn’t turn on. Every time I plugged them in to charge, the red light would go on and then a few minutes later would go off. But no matter how long I charged them, I couldn’t get them to turn on again.
I had to send the headphones back and was just shipped a new pair. And now…
Exactly the same thing happened. I was able to use them over the weekend, but after charging them again I’m back at the same problem: I plug them in using the supplied Micro USB cable and using a wall charger I use with several other Anker devices (charger, wireless speaker). The red light goes on, and a while later goes off. But when I try to power on the headphones, nothing happens. While charging, when I hit the power button, the red light goes on.
So to sum it up:
- Twice I received a pair of soundcore Life Q20 wireless headphones, and in both cases they worked after the initial charge, and then stopped working the next day.
- In both cases, I used the supplied MicroUSB cable and attached to a wall charger that I’ve used for several other Anker products that have no issue.
- *In both cases, it was suggested I try a different MicroUSB cable and a different wall charger. In both cases, I tried that and it didn’t make a difference. And I’ve made sure to verify that those chargers and cables work with other devices.
This is driving me nuts, as I really like the headphones and actually bought a pair for everyone on my team. It seems like either:
- I just had bad luck and got two pairs of headphones that malfunctioned (seems odd)
- I’m the problem. Totally possible, but I’ve done all I can to isolate the variables.
I really want them to work, but I also don’t want to keep sending them back over and over.
Any ideas would be most welcome and helpful!!