Disclaimer: This review was made as part of the We Love Testing program here.
- Improved audio & bass over the first generation Soundcore Flare
- More LED lights, with better clarity & brightness over the first gen model
- USB-C charging port, backing those after a single cable solution
- Like for like battery life against the original Flare…that seems to go on and on…
- App control of features including remote power down
- Customisable equaliser via the SoundCore App
- Ability to pair with another Soundcore Flare 2…or a few dozen with PartyCast (and enough money)
- Water resistance - good for life accidents or your need to torture a speaker
- Loss of the auxiliary port, which helps for troubleshooting speaker issues sometimes
- Lack of backwards pairing compatibility with the original Soundcore Flare
- Reduced IPX rating
Learn More here:
Good made Neil.
Is the sound really SO MUCH better than that FLARE 1?
Awesome review as usual, @ndalby! I especially liked that you closed the video with the Flare 2’s “power off” sound!
Great review - I love the coloured lights around the top of the Flare 2!
Great review from you @ndalby
It looks an awesome speaker👍🏻
Great video @ndalby. I like the addition of the LED lights on the top and the sound seems much nicer too. Although, it did look a tad taller then the Flare 1.
Awesome video review and great side by side picture!
Me too! hahaha
I want to dance with the music. Lol
Thanks for the comments guys & gals…
@Chiquinho Yes, the audio is a definite improvement over the the Flare 1…feels fuller/warmer (with or without BassUp)
This might be a reason to get a pair of these and donate the others.
But its not urgent.
Very nice review plus the video. Now i really like to have one!
Love the review and photos. I have the mini and like the LEDs at the bottom, so I love how they added more at the top makes for a better party atmosphere!