Hi there. So Eufy released their new EufyCam 2 although there were still issues with the first generation software. You would think that this has been fixed with the 2nd gen. Unfortunately when you swift through this forum you read a lot of issues with all sorts of things. Just to name a few @AnkerSupport (this list is updated according to user input )
- geofencing issues. Switching frome home to away and vice versa. Multiple users mention the same issues as well as aditional straightforward features that need to be added here
- activity zones not working at all. Even When you follow all the instructions it just doesn’t do a darn thing with the zones you setup. It keeps firing off notifications outside the zone
- ifttt or perhaps more home automation integrations (for example home assistant) promised a long time ago, no constructive feedback from Eufy on this.
- activity zones can only be set up as squares, that is really not acceptable. It’s a security system. With this you create gaps in your view.
- and many other small things, details and features that should have been in the product in the first place.
- Geofencing needs to have the option to be able to select Schedule for when home
- Add percentage to the battery indicator.
- Add a preview of the motion detected on the popup
- Email notifications for when you don’t have your phone with you.
- link cams together . If one cam notices something record on multiple.
- multi factor authentication
If you guys and girls come up with other stuff , issues and problems just reply to this post so we have a full list of issues we have with the camera system.
I would love to see a software roadmap shared so we know what we can expect in the short mid and long term.
Also It would be nice to know what eufy is working on at the moment and what we can expect in the following update.
Don’t get me wrong. I love the idea and purchased 2 base stations with a total of 4 cameras. But especially the software still feels a lot like beta and is very much still a work in progress.