I just got my Liberty Air 2 and I’m having a really weird issue.
First, there’s a low but audible “shhhhhhhhhh” when listening to music. Sort of like what you’d get when playing a vynil disc before the music came on. It seems to be tied to some frequencies since it’ll be heard louder on certain bits of certain musics and seems to be more prominent on the right side. I’ve notified support of this since it was obvious from the second I turned them on and I’m waiting on a reply.
Now, the really weird part, is with the microphone:
- Called my sister on her Samsung and she said the back noise was terrible. She could hear me but asked if I was in the middle of a busy street. I was sitting in my bedroom with no noise. I recorded the conversation on my phone, listened to it and everything sounded perfect. Sent it to her and she said that was not what she was hearing.
- Called my mom on her Xiaomi with the same sister picking up and she said I sounded perfect. I was in the same place as the previous call.
- Called a customer who has a Samsung and we talked for 5 minutes. Didn’t directly question the quality of the call but she said nothing that hinted at a problem.
- Called a friend who has a Huawei and he said I sounded perfect.
- Called my friend who has an iPhone and he asked if I was in the bathroom and had the water running.
- Called the same friend on his iPhone and this time he said the echo was gone but he could ear everything I was doing. Tested walking slowly across the room and he could ear my footsteps and me scratching a wall with my arm fully extended.
My phone is a Xiaomi Mi 6, if there’s any connection, and never had any problem with my past earbuds.
This all happened in a 10 minute time frame, with me in the same room. I’m quite puzzled at this. On one side, it seems that noise cancelling for the mic is only working on some calls. But at the same time, the recordings of those calls where it doesn’t seem to be working, are perfectly clear. All of the calls were to people who had good network coverage. All the people I called were on their phone (nobody was using earbuds or the loudspeaker).
Does anyone have any clue about what might be going on?