Brand new Eufy Wifi Doorbell unit just arrived from BestBuy today. Been having issues setting it up. So I have already spoken to Eufy support and they advised me to do a Homebase 2 replacement. But I wanted to know if I was the only one seeing this issue or should I be concerned with this whole product line.
Setup seems like a breeze right until the part where it asks you to remove the Ethernet cable so it can switch over to Wifi. I get the notification that it is connected successfully to wifi once I remove the cable, blue ring then turns to a red blinking red ring, and then solid red ring and never changes after that. Everything at that point goes OFFLINE on the app.
- Unit works fine on Ethernet connection.
- Made sure to update to the latest firmware.
- I have already reset the entire unit, removed it and reinstalled it from app twice.
- Power cycled both Router/Phone/Homebase… multiple times.
- Internet is fine no drop connections.
- Confirmed Wifi is working and password is correct, no blocked ports on 2.4 GHz
Am I missing something? I know Eufy said they can replace it but I just want to make sure it is not something I overlooked. I mean a defective unit straight out of the box is not very inspiring. I have more Eufy cameras I ordered that has not arrived yet and now I am 2nd guessing my choice. Hopefully, someone might have had this issue before and fixed it or maybe just my bad luck and got a defective unit out the box.