Came across innovative solution being in use / planned or even tested across Seattle by Anker, while browsing iOS appstore called as AnkerBox
Located in businesses across Seattle, AnkerBox dispenses portable phone chargers. Chargers can be rented from and returned to any box using the AnkerBox app. Charge your phone anywhere. No cords. No outlets. No awkwardly waiting by a wall. It’s free for 30 minutes. Then, $1.99 each day.
HOW ANKERBOX WORKS
• GRAB. Get a phone charger from AnkerBox using the AnkerBox app.
• GO. Use the charger anywhere and recharge your phone up to 3 times.
• RETURN. Return the charger to any AnkerBox throughout Seattle.
HOW THE APP WORKS
• See nearby AnkerBox locations, including the number of available chargers and empty slots.
• Rent a charger in less than a minute. Just enter the BOX ID and the charger type you want.
• Track the length and cost of your rental, and see your rental history.
The app features the below:
Quick Rent: Rent a charger in less than 10 seconds with Quick Rent.
Low Battery Reminder: Get a notification when you’re near an AnkerBox and your battery drops below 30%.
Would be great to see this in feature released for other cities such a San Francisco, NYC
AnkerBox is available on iOS and Android.
@AnkerOfficial is this a beta test or actually in production for users to use it out. Missed to check this out when I was in Seattle couple of weeks back