When I try to pair my Anker A2776 the computer asks for a PIN. Here’s the process I figured out:
Enter a PIN (Such as 1234) on the computer and press CONNECT
Quickly enter that PIN on the Anker keyboard and press ENTER on the Anker Keyboard.
It should then pair
Regards to the Pin code issue
- Please try to input 6 zeros and press “Enter” key on your connected/original keyboard.
- Input the same code and press “Enter” on Anker Bluetooth keyboard.
Or you may try the troubleshooting below.
- Go to “Settings”
- Choose to click on “Devices and printers”.
- Click on “Add a device” and it will search all devices.
- Click on “Anker A7726” and a window will pop up to prompt you to enter a passcode.
- Click on the sentence below “Or, try entering a passcode” for the system to generate a passcode which you will need to enter on the keyboard and press enter.
- The system should then start to do the setup and you need to wait for the system set up to be completed.
Thank you Lucian! Its frustrating when so many people post opinions instead of solutions.
Your instructions fixed my problem. Key point is to QUICKLY do exactly what you described.
I have 2 computers and two A7726 keyboards. One computer asks for a PIN, the other computer never does. It must be related to the drivers. My work laptop is pretty locked down due to it being my paranoid employer provided. I’m unable to download any updates because I don’ t have admin rights. Anyway, I’m typing this reply on the Anker keyboard paired and working perfect. Type in any pin on the windows device, click connect, then quickly type the same pin on the Anker and hit enter. Paired. Thank you for the posted solution. Cheers.